Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 511 horns

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member badtoby's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2010
    Location
    East of oz
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    511 horns

    Any difference between a 511a and a 511b horn? Which are the green late 60's ones?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    Either one..........

    The 'A' has no mounting holes in the flange since it used a special adjustable bracket for PA apps: http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...orns/page2.jpg

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    ... Aquaplas ?
    Pigeon poo...
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    511 horns


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Pigeon poo...
    Silly Boy !

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    511 horns


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    When I was at Altec we initiated a research project on Pigeon Poo as a low cost substitute for aquaplas....unfortunately a direct hit took out the researcher and the project was scrubbed. We therefore will probably never have curves and data relating to its effectiveness.

    I also pointed out WAF might be a factor and that it would have to be restricted to outdoor applications.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    Not too much of a stretch to imagine how a pole-mounted 511A could get "plas"tered...

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WtYDAmAEWp...PigeonPoop.jpg
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    Pigeons have a thing for Peugeot, I see.

  8. #8
    HB Super Moderator
    511 horns


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 511 horns

    Yeah I think he needs a Shotgun !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.